Sky Sanctuary Zone (remake) Sky Sanctuary Zone (remake)

I think the melody is great, but I sometimes, prior to the 2:00 mark, I feel like when the lead cuts out, even if it's just for a half note, the song suddenly seems empty, or at the very least, less full. Also, the crudeness of the first lead doesn't pair well with the quality of the strings, Imo. I'd add some reverb to the lead or something. That's about all the criticism I can dig up on this song. I'm still giving it a 5 / 4.5 because it kicks ass. I just think there's room to take it even further, mainly regarding the lead.

DigitalDuck responds:

Thanks! The instrument choice is one mainly inspired by the Sonic Generations version, but I could definitely improve on the saw quality. I should add more backing parts to help flesh it out in general.

Song Preview Song Preview

I see a lot of potential, but the percussion samples definitely need to be improved or replaced with better samples, in my opinion. The opening up to 0:12 is perfect. It gets a bit harsh from there, but I think a bit of equalizer work could take care of that. Anywho, sounds good for a WIP, and I'm interested in hearing the final product.

Angelic-Evolve-Relapse(DEMO) Angelic-Evolve-Relapse(DEMO)

My Opinion

I think there should've been a supporting instrument paired with the Piano from around 0:15 to the drop; maybe a soft violin or flute/whistle. The instrument at 0:55 should've entered sooner. The drop seemed a little too sudden and without enough oomph. There was no "oh, it's coming" feeling before the drop, which is necessary for a drop to work really well.

I think the drop also should've included a total change in key for the entire song. The 8-bit sounding harmonic instrument was a little too ear-piercing for my taste.

NeXtross responds:

I sorta Agree with the supporting instrument, i really appreciate the feedback it really helps to understand how i can make the music better -josh

Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindee Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindee

drunk singing?

I couldn't stop smiling. Great stuff.

Blink 182 cover Blink 182 cover

Needs to be cleaned up

The song is great, but it doesn't sound very clear.

ErgoEngan responds:

I uploaded the low quality version for fast streamin'

Battletoads - Icy Terror Battletoads - Icy Terror

Never played the game

And the first time I heard of this game was when James Rolfe did a review of it as AVGN.

Ten stars because of it's quality. I like the song, even though I've never heard the original version, and I imagine it's faithful toward the original, simply based off of what I've seen from James' video.

It really delivers as far as making you visualize an icy environment with lots of peril, danger, and evil snowmen. Fantastic job.

Logical Logical

hargabargle!

Reminds me of 80's new wave and Sonic on Dreamcast. I like it, but I think it more instruments would do well, at the 2 minute mark it started to feel more like a loop than a song.

Here We Go (Ladies) Here We Go (Ladies)

good but unbalanced

I like it, but I think it needs to be remastered.

DrBOMMBAY responds:

I really appreciate the feedback, yea i can see what ya sayin, the shit was recorded in a bathroom without the aid of mastering equipment. We had a CD burner, 2 turntables, a Numark mixer and a lame microphone hanging on a locker...it was insane...we were having fun...i finally put it up here just to see the reactions

Chill House Loop Chill House Loop

moar?

I like it. Do you plan on turning it into a song? If so, please let me know when it's up.

momboom1 responds:

Possibly. I'm not too familiar with the House genre but I think I'll give it a shot.

-(~AVGN THEME~)- -(~AVGN THEME~)-

Not the Greatest

But worth more than a 2.99.

I like how you extended "asshole" at 0:28. I lol'd