Without A Mushroom Without A Mushroom

7/10

It was kinda funny, but the voicing was bad and the animation seemed kinda gritty.

Sh0T-D0wN responds:

Lol.

***The Pixelmas Shorts*** ***The Pixelmas Shorts***

Well

I get the feeling you weren't really trying to be super funny. If I'm correct, then this deserves the 8 out of 10 for keeping me fully entertained for like three minutes. bravo. A lot of the shorts didn't really make sense though. I understand the comedic relief... (relief from what?!) but having stuff that just doesn't really make sense... for example: a kid looks at his presents and is suddenly very happy?

anyway, you get it, I hope.

Emanhattan responds:

I get what you mean. there is a lot of mixed feelings into this collab, is not necessarily a "LULZ WOWSERS" kinda thing. and we were not aiming at that.

Spongebob Sickpants Spongebob Sickpants

fuckin awesome!

Seriously, that was fucking awesome.

The only bad thing I noticed was patricks animation... well... patricks animation sucked.

below average pong game below average pong game

Fair

I think a flaming ball would have been more suitable, since the center of the skull (ball) is hard to judge since it's not very round at all.

I noticed two serious flaws;

1- if you position your bar to where the ball hits it on the top end, you can just leave it there and win.

2- poor hit detection. Often the ball would go through both my bar and the enemy AI bar.

1.7 Sextillion Pin-Ups 1.7 Sextillion Pin-Ups

Mini Games

Would have been a lot of fun if I had not kept losing ENTIRELY because of the lag.

vest816 responds:

Thanks for the input.

I haven't visited this game in a while, but the lag is something completely new (something I can't put my finger on at the moment).

I'd love to crack open the .FLA and attempt to fix it, buuuuuut...bad news guys. I made this on an old laptop that bit the dust a couple years back, and I don't have the latest version of this (all I have is on an old external hard drive that doesn't even have the minigames implemented into it).

Lesson learned: back up everything.

I'm checking this game out on the bevy of websites that stole this Flash without my permission (look at that, you pesky thieves are actually useful for something after all...). Seems the problem isn't specific to Newgrounds, so it may be caused by a more updated version of Flash Player causing audio 'stream' objects to hitch really badly.

Again, I really really want to fix this, even dug through my files looking for a version I can work with, but unfortunately, I just have to learn from this and keep
a mental note of it for future game projects.

I really do apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this may cause others; it's certainly frustrating to me.

Give Up, Robot Give Up, Robot

Love it

Without the humor, it'd be just another game.

Great design, basic, and entertaining. Walking that tight-rope between challenging and frustrating very well.

Sky Sanctuary Zone (remake) Sky Sanctuary Zone (remake)

I think the melody is great, but I sometimes, prior to the 2:00 mark, I feel like when the lead cuts out, even if it's just for a half note, the song suddenly seems empty, or at the very least, less full. Also, the crudeness of the first lead doesn't pair well with the quality of the strings, Imo. I'd add some reverb to the lead or something. That's about all the criticism I can dig up on this song. I'm still giving it a 5 / 4.5 because it kicks ass. I just think there's room to take it even further, mainly regarding the lead.

DigitalDuck responds:

Thanks! The instrument choice is one mainly inspired by the Sonic Generations version, but I could definitely improve on the saw quality. I should add more backing parts to help flesh it out in general.

Song Preview Song Preview

I see a lot of potential, but the percussion samples definitely need to be improved or replaced with better samples, in my opinion. The opening up to 0:12 is perfect. It gets a bit harsh from there, but I think a bit of equalizer work could take care of that. Anywho, sounds good for a WIP, and I'm interested in hearing the final product.

Angelic-Evolve-Relapse(DEMO) Angelic-Evolve-Relapse(DEMO)

My Opinion

I think there should've been a supporting instrument paired with the Piano from around 0:15 to the drop; maybe a soft violin or flute/whistle. The instrument at 0:55 should've entered sooner. The drop seemed a little too sudden and without enough oomph. There was no "oh, it's coming" feeling before the drop, which is necessary for a drop to work really well.

I think the drop also should've included a total change in key for the entire song. The 8-bit sounding harmonic instrument was a little too ear-piercing for my taste.

NeXtross responds:

I sorta Agree with the supporting instrument, i really appreciate the feedback it really helps to understand how i can make the music better -josh